[LispM-Hackers] Loaded ersatz ucode and N928.LOAD on x86

James A. Crippen james@unlambda.com
Wed Mar 6 23:03:01 2002

"Dave Richards" <dave@synergy.org> writes:

> Which begs a question: Why is N928.LOAD so large?  I've read
> comments in the code about always being able to count on 2MB.  Is
> this the normal load size, or is this a load with all the bells and
> whistles?  It may not *seem* like a lot, but remember, it's 1/4 the
> maximum virtual address space of the processor.  If this is normal,
> TI surely didn't give themselves much room for scalability.

N928.LOAD is the generic band distributed with a Release 6 system.  I
think.

Note that there are a lot of gaping empty holes in the band.  They may
not appear empty at first, but there are a number of pages full of
nothing but DTP-NULL.

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W