[LispM-Hackers] First Function

James A. Crippen james@unlambda.com
04 Mar 2002 21:53:24 -0900

Paul Fuqua <pf@ti.com> writes:

> A structure of type sys:debug-info, which has slots for NAME, ARGLIST,
> INTERPRETED-DEFINITION, LOCAL-MAP, and PLIST;  see
> sys:kernel;debug-info.lisp.

Yeah, saw that.  Maybe we should implement something to dump the
debugging info for functions we call?

> (I'm cheating:  I have my Explorer up
> enough to poke around.)

Huzzah!  Do you have any sources on your machine that we don't already
have copies of?  Or docs?

> For sys:lisp-top-level, it's basically empty, with 'sys:lisp-top-level
> for name and (:macros-expanded (loop)) for plist.  The :source-file-name
> property is on the symbol's plist.

Didn't expect to find much debugging info on the low level code, but
it was worth a shot anyway.

>     The cruft for MP systems is superfluous for us.  Hopefully MP-SYSTEM-P
>     defaults to NIL in the usual load band?
>
> It does in mine;  it's probably set indirectly by the boot microcode,
> since it probes the bus.

Ergo we may have to set that ourselves?

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W