[LispM-Hackers] First Function

Paul Fuqua pf@ti.com
Tue, 5 Mar 2002 00:19:35 -0600

    Date: 03 Mar 2002 03:01:00 -0900
    From: james@unlambda.com (James A. Crippen)

    Has anyone ever chased the 'pointer_to_debugging_info_q' for the
    initial function to see what it contains?

A structure of type sys:debug-info, which has slots for NAME, ARGLIST,
INTERPRETED-DEFINITION, LOCAL-MAP, and PLIST;  see
sys:kernel;debug-info.lisp.  (I'm cheating:  I have my Explorer up
enough to poke around.)

For sys:lisp-top-level, it's basically empty, with 'sys:lisp-top-level
for name and (:macros-expanded (loop)) for plist.  The :source-file-name
property is on the symbol's plist.

    The cruft for MP systems is superfluous for us.  Hopefully MP-SYSTEM-P
    defaults to NIL in the usual load band?

It does in mine;  it's probably set indirectly by the boot microcode,
since it probes the bus.

                              pf