[LispM-Hackers] First Function

James A. Crippen james@unlambda.com
03 Mar 2002 03:01:00 -0900

Paul Fuqua <pf@ti.com> writes:

> I still don't have my Explorer put back together (but it's getting
> closer) so I can't get a true disassembly yet, but I know that the
> initial function is (usually?) SYS:LISP-TOP-LEVEL (in
> sys:kernel;lisp-reinitialize.lisp), which looks like this:

Has anyone ever chased the 'pointer_to_debugging_info_q' for the
initial function to see what it contains?  I'd do it now but I'm too
tired and would get confused.  It'd be interesting to see if the
debugging info contained anything useful, like what the original
function name was (and perhaps what file it came from).

If the first thing being done by the initial function is
LISP-REINITIALIZE then we're in for some fun.  We're going to
encounter *lots* of symbols scattered all over the planet when we hit
that.  Also there's that HARDWARE-BOOT-INITIALIZATIONS function that I
don't like at all.  We may have to do something fancy to skip over it
and pretend that it succeeded because it's writing to the NuBus in
real memory.

The cruft for MP systems is superfluous for us.  Hopefully MP-SYSTEM-P
defaults to NIL in the usual load band?

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W