[LispM-Hackers] List archive access policy

James A. Crippen james@unlambda.com
04 Jan 2002 12:44:18 -0900

Paul Fuqua <pf@ti.com> writes:

> I don't know how much TI would actually care, since we've sold off the
> division that no longer makes Explorers.  However, one never knows what
> lawyers will do, so I agree it's better to be cautious.

Right.  Various video game emulator people have been chased by lawyers
from companies with no actual interest.  The lawyers just see some
potential copyright infringment and they harass the emulator authors
whether they deserve it or not.  The cases often get thrown out, but
the initial hearings are still costly and painful, especially for
hobbyist programmers.  That's what I want to avoid.

And TI could still technically claim copyright on all that source code
and docs that we're using.  I'd rather not arouse their curiosity
until I have something to show off first...

R0MZ?  We gotcher R0MZ right here.  Try N928.LOAD for a l33t R0M!!1!1!!

:-)
'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W