[LispM-Hackers] Hex or Octal?

James A. Crippen james@unlambda.com
03 Jan 2002 17:19:59 -0900

John Morrison <jm@mak.com> writes:

> Whilst consistency may, in fact, be the hobgoblin of small minds,
> consistency (read "determinism") is an altogether desirable
> characteristics of computers and computer programs.

Consistency is only the hobgoblin of Ralph Emerson's mind.  I come up
with inconsistent systems all the time, but then I'm not a
professional writer or philosopher.

> Microsoft notwithstanding.

Well, they're just marketeers.

> Anyways, my vote is to be consistent (which I guess should be octal).

Okay, I've already changed the PC in my code to be octal.  I suppose
I'll change other things to octal in time.

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W