[LMH]TI MicroExplorer bootup help sought

Hans Hübner hans@huebner.org
Mon Dec 23 16:48:00 2002

Hello there,

I found myself a TI MicroExplorer NuBus board and I'm now trying to get it up
and running.  The card is currently built into a Quadra 650 running an freshly
installed MacOS 7.5.

I have the "MICROEXP" software set including the "makepfiles" and
"microexplorer" applications.  "microexplorer" properly starts, but displays
an error message "Mcr band, m139, not found".  Not having any documentation, I
tried "makepfiles" in the hope that it would create the neccessary partitions
to boot.  Trying that, I get the error message "File HD:microExp:p25.page"
"Error [-51] occured".  I tried searching the web for information regarding
this, but apart from William von Hagen having the same problem about a year
ago, I could not find any information.

I've heard rumours that the MicroExplorer host software requires System 6 to
run.  The machines I currently have available are not supported by that
operating system.  Before I try to find myself a machine that does, I'd like
to verify that this makes sense.

Does anyone here run a MicroExplorer?  If so, in what kind of Macintosh and
with which MacOS release?  If you could share that information, it'd be great.
Also, if there is any information on these machines available, I'd be very
interested.  I do have some (partial) Explorer documentation in print, but
they don't explain the MicroExplorer environment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Hans

--