[LMH]Query before committing changed e3 sources in main directory

John Morrison jm@mak.com
Fri Apr 26 10:05:02 2002

Hi;

For the bare iron build target, I have had to fake-up lots of stuff
defined in header files that live in "standard" places, and which are
thus referenced in C++ files like so:

#include <foo.h>

These are mostly I/O (printf/cerr/cout) related things.

Thus, I have globally changed <foo.h> to "foo.h" so that when I
cross-build my target executable, it gets my faked-up foo.h instead of
/usr/include/foo.h.  This works fine on my RH7.2 box.  Please let me
know ASAP if this is a non-workable solution for you, and if your C++
compiler is unlikely to Do The Right Thing in the "main" e3 build area
(which is to find /usr/include/foo.h).  To the best of my knowledge, I
am the only one building the i386 target, so I do not expect this to
help anybody but me right now (selfish, ain't I?).

FYI, the reason I haven't used -nostdinc is that (I think) I sometimes
actually need .h files that define compiler-specific behavior like
stdarg.h and the varargs stuff.  I have not tried to "fake up" stuff
like that, and might need to depending upon your all individual and
collective answers to my question.  Any suggestions, or better yet,
offers to fix this, would be appreciated.

Pending any negative responses and/or howls of protest, I shall commit
the files I changed later today.

-jm

--
==== John Morrison