[LMH]Re: [LispM-Hackers] Latex

John Morrison jm@mak.com
Wed Apr 24 10:44:00 2002

Hi;

Tim Moore wrote:
> > When there was hope that enough of the MacLisp-based bootstrapping stuff
> > (cross-developed from ITS, or so I recall) could be obtained to
> > rebootstrap the process, I had even gone so far as to track down an
> > ancient UNIX (early BSD) version of Franz Lisp to try and port the stuff
> > to.  Alas, the sources seemed to me to be too incomplete for this to
> > work.
>
> FWIW, you can now run ITS, and MacLisp, on the klh10 simulator.  I didn't
> know what to do with it other than type in factorial at the command line,
> but it does appear to work.

Cross-developing an emulator for one machine upon an emulator for
another machine is just too delicious.  What enormous potential hack
value.  Talk about *bootstrapping*.  Everything else would seem
positively *amateur*.

Seriously, though, do we have a complete CADR/CONS set of sources?
Including the genasys (or whatever) stuff?  Can anybody more
perspicacious than I am tell if this is so?  This would certainly occupy
a very different (with respect to IP) point in solution space.

-jm

--
==== John Morrison
==== MAK Technologies Inc.