Fun

James A. Crippen james@unlambda.com
Tue Apr 23 02:30:01 2002

Daniel Seagraves <dseagrav@sakura.lunar-tokyo.net> writes:

> On 23 Apr 2002, James A. Crippen wrote:
>
> > http://goanna.cs.rmit.edu.au/~winikoff/palm/COBOL/
> >
> > No really, I've decided to quit hacking on E3 and start on a 'COBOL
> > Machine'.  It's gonna be revolutionary!
>
> Not as revolutionary as my PERL MACHINE!
>
> (Remember, kids, evil is an art form!)

Are you by chance a member of the Evil Geniuses For a Better Tomorrow?
You should join if you aren't.  I believe you have to bury a fresh
human brain in your backyard and their underground agents will contact
you.

Perl machine indeed...  You could implement the instruction dispatcher
with on big regexp.  That'd be fast, I'm sure.  Much more than some
dumb old case statement.

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W