[LispM-Hackers] can not build

James A. Crippen james@unlambda.com
Sat Apr 20 17:58:00 2002

Andreas.Eder@t-online.de (Andreas Eder) writes:

> Hi,
> I updated my CVS today and now I cannot build anymore.
> I get the following error message:
>
>   Makefile:73: depend.mk: No such file or directory
>   makedepend -f depend.mk -o o  app.cc band.cc e3.cc lispm.cc macroop.cc mainops.cc memmap.cc memobj.cc dpmtentry.cc types.cc word.cc
>   makedepend: error:  cannot open "depend.mk"
>   make: *** [depend.mk] Error 1
>
> Does anyone know what's wrong (apart from a missing depend.mk)? I
> checked the cvs update an d there seem to be no depend.mk.

Probably JM's fault again... ^_^  Try deleting any existing depend.mk,
then touch it and then 'make depend'.  That should hopefully fix it.

JM appears to have flushed the depend.mk file.  Which is fine, but the
makefile doesn't like not having it.  I'll play with the makefile to
see if I can get it to just touch one into existence if there isn't
one.  Then the alternative, which is checking an empty depend.mk into
the repository, won't be necessary.

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W