[LispM-Hackers] Re: [Lispm-cvs] CVS update: e3/arch/i386

John Morrison jm@mak.com
Fri Apr 19 16:16:01 2002

Hi;

Whoops.  Hope you're using a fixed-width font.

jm@kappa.unlambda.com wrote:
> Fixed passing u8 instead of int to printf in jjfb.cc.  Also now just
> map in the memory we used, leaving a whole bunch of free physical
> pages above the (identity-mapped) page tables and the (also currently
                                                   ^ below
> identity-mapped) load band.

For those with variable-width fonts, that should read "and BELOW the
(also..."

Now, I have a question for the Explorer cognoscenti -- I have this
problem.  (Hey, a *technical* problem.)  I have only 128MB in my PC.  I
am worried that I will run into Trouble not having enough physical
memory to put behind the virtual memory until I get the gc/microcode
stuff straight (I presume this is the Right Thing To Do).

I know the explorer address space is 128MB.  How much of this is "real"
gc-able RAM, and not NuBus (or other) mapped-in memory?

This is probably answered in the docs, isn't it?

-jm

--
==== John Morrison
==== MAK Technologies Inc.