[LMH]Documentation

Emmanuel Rialland eriallan@bigpond.net.au
Fri Apr 26 14:02:00 2002

On Friday 26 April 2002 08:31, you wrote:
> Emmanuel Rialland <eriallan@bigpond.net.au> writes:
> > I just made the commit to have change bars when using the environment
> > /TIcomment.
>
> Good, good.  But I'm curious as to the name choice.  What do you mean
> by 'TI' specifically?  It's not as if TI is writing them...

I called it \e3commenet initially, but it looks like \e means something
special for (la)tex and would screw up the whole text.

> > James made some footnote comments. What about using a separate
> > environment for them too? That way we keep the possibility to scrap
> > them off completely to revert to the original TI version.
>
> Hmm.  Well, considering that the SSDN2 never originally *had*
> footnotes, wouldn't it be easy to just do s/\\footnote{.*}// instead
> of a new environment?  Or perhaps \renewcommand{\footnote}[1]{}?

This is far beyond my current knowledge of latex.

> > For the moment I see those TIcomments and footnotes as 2 separate
> > levels of explanations: footnotes for immediate semantic / context
> > clarification; TIcomments for lengthy ramblings about the universe
> > in general and the e3 in particular.
>
> Agree.
>
> 'james

I am currently reading section 7 properly and being quite visual I draw on
paper at the same time to understand. Any package I should use in particular
to input those in the docs (I tried xfig, and was not really impressed)?

Emmanuel