[LispM-Hackers] Function calling

Paul Fuqua pf@ti.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 17:16:08 -0500

    Date: 15 Oct 2001 18:00:55 -0800
    From: james@unlambda.com (James A. Crippen)

                                                  When we try to activate
    a stack group that has all this information, how do we interpret it?

That I don't have a good answer for yet.

    From what I can tell by reading your message (and I haven't read it
    *too* carefully) we still need the A-memory because a lot of state
    and random flags and values get written there.  Mouse stuff, TV stuff,
    etc.  Lisp seems to know a lot about things in the A-memory, as well.

I think a piece of the address space actually maps to A-memory.  I do
know that some variables (mouse and TV stuff, as you noted) actually
have their value cells in A-memory, to allow Lisp access to microcode
variables (and vice versa).

    Basically then the indicators could be implemented by an e3u32 stuck
    into a random class.  Is it allowed to have *any* value or just T or
    NIL?

I think any value -- MEMBER returns either NIL or the matching sublist,
for example -- but it may not matter if the only visible effect is to be
NIL or not.

                              pf