[LispM-Hackers] C++ portability guidelines from Mozilla

John Morrison jm@mak.com
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 17:56:04 -0500

Hi;

"James A. Crippen" wrote:
> The Mozilla people have put together a nice document on portability for
> C++.  It's http://www.mozilla.org/hacking/portable-cpp.html.  I suggest a
> thorough reading.  Some of it is Mozilla specific, but it's chock full of
> good advice from years of experience in wide range porting.

Well, I violated a couple of these for sure.  I use templates.  I used
static constructors (although I don't really care if they're ever called
-- I just made them to get the templates instantiated).

I'd be interested to know if this causes trouble for people right now (I
know the static initializer one is an issue for bare iron).  I'd also be
interested in how we can punt on these -- although if I have to use m4
to do what I've been doing with templates, I am going to have to take a
bath after writing those macros (shudder).

-jm

--
==== John Morrison
==== MAK Technologies Inc.