[LispM-Hackers] Updated web page

Paolo Amoroso amoroso@mclink.it
Tue, 25 Dec 2001 17:22:06 +0100

On 24 Dec 2001 15:30:16 -0900, James A. Crippen wrote:

> Duly noted.  I'm making the changes to the page presently.  Do you
> happen to know what year the license to LMI technology was obtained
> in?  That and what year TI bought the Nu Machine/NuBus?  Dates would

The book:

  "The Brain Makers - The Quest for Machines that Think"
  Harvey Newquist
  SAMS Publishing, 1994
  ISBN 0-672-30412-0

provides extensive details on LispM vendors and, more generally, on the AI
business. It also covers the LMI/TI deal you refer to. The book is a
fascinating reading, but it lacks technical details. I bought a used copy
from Amazon for 23$ on July 2000.

If I recall correctly, major facts about AI vendors are also summarized in
the thesis:

  "If It Works, It's Not AI"

http://kogs-www.informatik.uni-hamburg.de/~moeller/symbolics-info/ai-business.pdf

Paolo