[LispM-Hackers] Other thoughts on stack groups...

James A. Crippen james@unlambda.com
20 Dec 2001 23:39:12 -0900

I'm only sending these messages separately because that makes them
easier to discuss...  Anyhow, I'm under the impression that most of
the stuff in an SG needs to have a place to live in the processor when
it is active.  Looking at the big pile of accumulators (SGACxx) and
the other slots like regular-pdl-pointer, I am wondering where this
stuff lives.  I assume the accumulators need some space in the
processor, but I'm not sure where the other things go.  Does this all
live in M-memory?  Do parts of M-memory have static meanings?  Eg, can
we always expect SGAC1 to exist at (for example) address 1234 in
M-memory?  If this latter thing is true then perhaps we should keep
them in distinct slots in the processor object rather than lumping
them all into an array representing M-memory...

Anyone else have thoughts?  Or am I just blowing smoke out of my ass
here?

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.20939N, -149.767W