[LispM-Hackers] Gfx macroops

John Morrison jm@mak.com
Thu, 05 Apr 2001 23:28:51 -0400

Hi;

"James A. Crippen" wrote:
> Here are the gfx macroops that I found upon cursory inspection of the
> SSDN2.
>
> %DRAW-CHAR font-array char-code x-bitpos y-bitpos alu-function sheet

Geez.  I don't have any justification for this but I would've thought
the interface would've been lower-level (e.g., pixel ops).  Shows you
what I know.  Based upon a whole 2 sleep-deprived minutes of thought, I
am guessing that this is actually a really good thing.  I was worried
the frame buffer emulation would be s-l-o-w.  I guess it won't be!

I guess the real trick will instead be trying to emulate that behavior
on bare hardware some time in the future...

Keep us posted!

-jm

--
==== John Morrison