[LispM-Hackers] Kappa will be relocating

James A. Crippen james@UnLambda.COM
Tue, 3 Apr 2001 12:49:26 -0800 (AKDT)

In the not too distant future (this weekend probably) kappa will be
relocating to a new IP address.  It's moving from my office to my house.
It will also be changing computers, however I will be keeping all the
data.  My boss wants his Ultra 10 back for some strange reason so I'll be
doing some speed shopping for another UltraSparc system.  If I *can't*
find an inexpensive UltraSparc then I'll have to get a PC, which will mean
changing all the installed binaries.  The data and configuration for the
mailer, list software, DNS, etc, etc, will not change however.  I'll try
to arrange for DNS to behave itself during the move, but I can't guarantee
that everyone will have the right name->address mapping.

I will mail everyone on the list with the new IP before moving, so nobody
will be left in the dark.  There may be a short period where only the IP
address is accessible, and not the name, at least until everyone's caches
clear.

I promise this won't happen again for a very long time.  My home network
doesn't change very much at all.  Downtime should improve as well, what
little there is.  Probably disk space will improve as well.

'james

--
James A. Crippen <james@unlambda.com> ,-./-.  Anchorage, Alaska,
Lambda Unlimited: Recursion 'R' Us   |  |/  | USA, 61.2069 N, 149.766 W,